Monday, March 15, 2010

Dr. Seuss

It turns out that our Dallas trip is not until next weekend. I am seriously considering going home this weekend, but I will have to find an amazing flight deal to make it happen. Not to mention, I will need to convince Jesse that he can handle our two kids alone for the weekend. Nevertheless, I am going to do some deal shopping to see if we can make it happen.

My "serious" thought of today...I had a business associate email me the following Dr. Seuss quote today--“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” I think that it is sort of tragic advice on multiple levels. Career sabotage and lost friendships can easily be tracked to insensitive, inappropriate, or simple slips of the tongue. Saying what you feel is great for a counseling session, but in some cases, biting one's tongue really can be the best decision. Silence is sometimes better than anything you could say. I dunno...maybe I should just take it at face value as a cutesy quote. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment