Thursday, March 18, 2010

After taking Connor to the dr for croup & handling two needy kids, I was spent last night and didn't get to the blog. But, my life can't be so interesting that I should do this every day, right?

Tomorrow is my mom's thyroidectomy. The risks for this type of surgery include things such as damage to laryngeal nerves (affecting the voice), damage to the parathyroid glands (serious condition), and excess bleeding or swelling. We are praying for steady hands for the surgeon and an easy recovery for my mom. It hurts so bad to not be able to be there, but she will not be far from my thoughts tomorrow or this weekend.

My sister, Kelly, also will be having surgery, but not until next Friday. Please pray for her as she has an osteoma on her skull that has to be removed due to growth. It sounds terrifying to me, but the doctor assures her that it is relatively routine and minimally invasive.

I feel like I am not a very good daughter or sister by not making a way to go home. I want to go home so badly. But, it has not worked out. Connor can't fly because of his croup & Leah just got over her bronchitis. I feel like my kids need me right now. And, it's just not a smart financial decision because of the need to sell my house in Greenville first. I want to be there to hug them and tell them how much I love them. I want to be able to see for myself that they are doing okay and that everything that they need is taken care of. But, I am going to need to let this go.

My little boy is snuggling and requesting sugars. Ah...I love my momma's boy!!! I am going to need to sign off so I can enjoy this rare moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment