Saturday, March 13, 2010

A New Outlet

The past year has brought a lot of changes in our lives. I have found that is amazingly therapeutic to process through all that is going on through blogging. But, I haven't quite been ready to make it a "public" forum. I am learning from reading the blogs of my friends that it is so refreshing to connect in a different way. So, here it goes. I'm making it public.

We had a mini-birthday celebration for Connor today. He loved his cake and his fun new toys. It was wonderful to have our friends and family together. We all know each other from different places and times, but I realized today that we have really wonderful friends. I mean...I always knew it, but I don't think I ever realized how blessed we are to be loved by such extraordinary people.

After the party, I took one of our neighbors some cake. We proceeded to have a delightful 3 hour conversation about some great topics: politics, religion, family, being a working woman, etc. Pam was truly a blessing to me today. I learned that we have so many things in common, but I also recognized that I could learn so much from her. She is brilliant.

This next week is going to be tough. My mom has surgery, and I'm not able to go home. Several months ago, Jesse and I booked a trip to Dallas for the weekend. Jesse is going to the SRT-8 experience. He will be able to drive a Viper and other fast cars. I'm going to take the kids to the zoo if the weather is okay. I don't have the heart to ask Jesse to cancel. I know my dad and sis will take great care of my mom. I'm going to research visiting the next weekend, but things are little tight right now as I am trying to sell my house in Greenville.

But, I have to say that God has been so faithful to cover every need we have had this year. Given the current economic environment, we are especially grateful for our jobs.

Things I am praying for... (won't you join me?):
My mom's upcoming thyroid removal
Another family member's health concerns (appointment this week)
Jesse's mom - multiple myeloma cancer
A college friend - Meredith - and her husband John - John has a brain mass
A co-worker who had to lay her dog to rest on Friday
A co-worker who had a family member die suddenly
Pam & their pending arbitration with Chrysler regarding losing their family's Jeep franchise
Brian's (our home group leader) wife, Joni - radiation for breast cancer
A childhood friend - Jerica & her new addition Ryker - he needs to put on some weight

No comments:

Post a Comment