Friday, March 19, 2010

My parents

I was thinking today about how my parents have been married for 34 years. They are so cute because they don't like to be apart. I giggled when they stayed with us for several weeks in February because my mom and I would go to Wal-Mart together. Within 20 minutes, her cell phone would be ringing and Daddy would be asking her what she was doing. After rolling my eyes, I realized how special it is that they WANT to be together.

Jesse's parents have also been married for 34 years (12 days before my parents). They still have a special devotion and understanding of each other. I often giggle with them as well because they remind me so much of my parents.


In fact - check out these similarities.
1. My mom (Joy) and Jesse's mom (Kay) are Baptist pastor's daughters.
2. Jesse's dad (Jesse) and my dad (Buddy) both ran car dealerships early in their careers (and they both still love fast cars).
3. Our dad's mothers are also both widowed for over 10 years (and not remarried) and active in the Methodist church.
4. Kay Lynn and Joy Anne both have 3 letter first names & 4 letter middle names. Jesse and Buddy also are both 5 letter names.
5. They were both married in November 1975.
6. They had similar parenting styles and political views.

Jesse and I are so grateful for our parents and they way we were raised. We might have caused them some grief during our college days. But if you train up a child in the way that they should go, when they are older, they will not depart from it. Thanks, Mom & Dad - both sets of ya!

My mom's surgery was successful as they were able to remove her thyroid. Now, it's recovery time. Swallowing is painful, but hopefully the medicine will help her manage. I am so thankful that all went very well. I had a special co-worker keep me occupied today with some good conversation and some great laughs. I was very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw the post on FB!!! So glad I have the site address!!! If you don't have ours, it's kyleandchristieplus3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now following you, Christie! :) Thanks for reading my blog. It is so much fun to have an outlet to write about life.

    ReplyDelete