Monday, March 29, 2010

So, what's on my mind today? Sometimes, it is really tough to put on a happy face. It feels like an act...a forced expression, so that people won't think you are a real downer. I want people to see that joy that is in my heart, but I also want to be real. Because life has real pain. And, because this is a public forum, I can't enumerate some of the things that occupy my mind right now. But, suffering is a part of the human experience. I'm going to spend this week revisiting some respected writings to try to reconcile some of the conflict that I have regarding these emotions.

In the meantime, I have found that the best way for me to manage my sorrow is to realize the joy in serving others. Have you ever just been elated because you know that you have the opportunity to encourage someone? Or, have you ever just found peace and joy in watching your child sleep? These are the moments that take my perspective away from the sorrow and into a heart of gratefulness.


Some updates since my last blog:
1. My sister had her skull tumor removed last Friday. We are grateful it was able to be removed & she is recovering well.

2. My mom's biopsy came back from her thyroid removal. She did have cancer in her thyroid, so we are grateful it is now gone! We are not sure about any additional treatments at this point, but hopefully the clear margins of the tumor will mean little to no additional treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I hope Kelly is Okay...I have never heard of a skull tumor. Send Joy our love as well!

    ReplyDelete