Sunday, March 14, 2010

Joyful

I have spent this evening thinking about the difference between happiness and joy. For so long, I have felt "unhappy" about one thing or another. I was unhappy about stupid past mistakes, unhappy that my career path didn't go the way I thought it should, unhappy that no amount of sheer determination could make me the person that I wanted to be.

But that is when God made a change in my heart. A lot of the change occurred when I read the book If God is Good by Randy Alcorn. I HIGHLY recommend reading a chapter a day. :) Anyway, what I have come to understand is the amazing love of God and the glory He deserves. I have found JOY, and this joy comes from trusting God's purpose in each of the events of my life.

I trust Him to continue the work He began in me almost a decade ago. And life is not always happy. I have cried over the losses and failures. But, I have this joy that resonates in my heart because I know that my life is significant to my Father. He cares for me. In this lifetime, I will face suffering and evil because I am a part of the human race. I am a product of the Fall. But, I have the promise of God's presence - today, tomorrow, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment